We are planning to re-open the youth club next week, obviously things will be a bit different, but we feel the risk is low enough now, and weighed against young people's mental health and the benefits of giving them somewhere safe to start socialising again is acceptable. Obviously in the current climate we cannot guarantee a covid-free environment, but we have assesed the risk and will taking steps to do everything we can to make it as safe as possible and in line with current government guidance. I've included the full risk assesment below, but the key points are;
- Sessions to take place outside, using the youth club garden
- Numbers limited to six people including staff, young people will have to book a place in advance
- 2 meter social distancing to be observed
- Restrict activities and items available to ensure as little touching of shared surfaces as possible
- Hand sanitiser available to everyone
These measures will be reviewed and adjusted every 3 weeks, or as government guidance with regards to lifting/tightening lockdown easing dictates.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.