History

The Hillsborough Boys Club was formed in the 1920’s when the building, a former soldier’s rest home for the Hillsborough Barracks was handed to the youth service. For decades it provided activities for young males in the area, and over the years became well known for its boxing pedigree.


In 1989 the 393 Youth & Community Centre was launched, including The 393 Youth Club, a few periods of inactivity have followed mainly due to funding cuts, and in 2008 the government cut all central funding, but through grants, donations and the commitment of volunteers the club has continued to provide a youth club for girls & boys ever since.


We recently changed our name to Hillsborough Boys & Girls Club, as we felt this reflected the organisation’s history and place within the local community, whilst giving us our own identity separate from the 393 Youth & Community Centre (where we are still based) and the work that it does.

Last Updates

Opening Times

Mondays & Thursdays 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Seniors – Ages 12-17
FREE entry
Wednesdays 4:00-6:00pm
Juniors – Ages 8-11
£1 entry